Grief is unique for every individual, and this is especially true for children and teenagers. At Hospice of St. Lawrence Valley, our Bereavement staff are experts at assisting grieving children and we have a wealth of knowledge and resources available to help!
Our Bereavement Coordinator also offers one-on-one counselling to children and teens. To schedule an appointment, contact Kay DePerno at (315) 265-3105.
Below is list of online resources to help you support your grieving child:
- Scholastic’s Children & Grief
- The Dougy Center: Developmental Responses to Grief
- What’s Your Grief
- The Smart Parent’s Guide to Supporting Grieving Kids
Resources from the Hospice Foundation of America:
- Grief at School: A Guide for School Personnel eBook
- Youth and Funerals: Understanding the Important Role Funerals & Memorialization Play in the Live of Youth
Learn more about Children and Grief by visiting the Hospice Foundation of America here.