Caring for the Caregiver
All caregivers in St. Lawrence County are welcome. The support group is a safe place for caregivers to share ideas and access resources and support. The group meets the 2nd Thursday of the month from 3:00-4:00 PM at the Hospice Center and is free of charge.
For more information on this group contact Linda Caamaño at 315-265-3105.
Grief Support Groups
- NEW! – Navigating Grief Workshop – This program is for adults who want to learn how to manage the death of a loved one – whatever the relationship. This group meets the Second Thursday of the month at Lawrence Manor in Gouverneur, NY from 5:30-7:00pm.
- Grief Gardeners Support Group – This group is open to anyone affected by grief. The group meets year-round on the 3rd Thursday of the month from 4:30-6:00pm.
- Surviving Widowhood – A program to support those grieving the loss of a spouse or partner. This group meets the 1st Monday of the month from 10:00-11:30am at St. John Episcopal Church, 139 Main Street, Massena, NY.
- Additional six-week, loss specific support groups are offered throughout the year. Topics include Coping with the Death of a Child and The Grief of Suicide.
- ‘Living with Grief During the Holidays’ is also offered each year in November, December and January. Visit our website frequently or contact our Bereavement staff for more information on support groups.
Thanks to generous community support, all groups are offered free of charge.
All are welcome, a Hospice affiliation is not required.
For more information on Grief Support Groups or services offered, please contact Bereavement Coordinator, Kay DePerno at 315-265-3105.