Our monthly Lunch & Learns will resume beginning September 19th. These monthly workshops were created with the intention of giving community members an opportunity to come together and engage in educational and meaningful conversation on a variety of well-being topics. Each month features a new topic and guest speaker.
The Hospice Lunch and Learns take place on the 3rd Thursday of every month from 11:30am – 1:00pm at the Hospice Center on Route 11 between Potsdam and Canton.
Upcoming Lunch and Learns:
September 19th – Mindfulness for Fidgety Skeptics
Presenter: Liz Scarlett
October 17th – Finding Meaning at Mid-Life and Beyond
Presenter: Mary Jones, BSW C.T.
November 21st – Death Across Cultures
December 19th – Stress and the Holidays
Presenter: Linda Potter
Pre-Registration is required by the Friday before each workshop.
It may not be easy to think about dying and what you want from it and you may have a lot of hard choices to make. But if you plan for your end-of-life care, it can bring you peace of mind to know your wishes will be honored and it will reduce burdens on your loved ones.
A plan involves answering straight forward questions about the end YOU would want. Straight forward questions such as:
- Where do I want to be at the end?
- What will I do if/when I can no longer be independent?
- What do I want for medical treatments and interventions?
- How long do I want to pursue interventions?
- Who is going to make sure my plan is followed?
- How can I make sure my loved ones are taken care of after I am gone?
A comprehensive end of life plan will provide answers to these questions and more, ensuring your wishes are known, understood and carried out by your loved ones and medical providers.
Here is a list of documents to assist you when making your End of Life plans:
- DNR Form (NY)
- Hospital Readiness Packet
- Choosing Long Term Care
- Valuable Records Checklist
- Agent to Control Disposition of Remains form
- Funeral Planning Checklist
The Conversation Project provides tools and resources to get you thinking about and talking about your end of life wishes.
Contact Hospice for a FREE copy of the Five Wishes or a New York State Advanced Directive.